Week 3: Activity 2

Although I was young when I was around my great grandmother, she still left an impression on my life. She died when I was four at the age of 94. Most of the things I can remember about her is not the moments I spent with her, but the stories. From my grandmother, I have heard several recollections of what happened when she was a kid with her mother, my great grandmother. One of the most prominent of these stories would have to be her life in Thailand while at the market. On certain days, my great grandmother would travel to the market to sell produce; however, before she traveled anywhere, she would change into old and rugged clothes. She did this so that people would think that she didn’t have any money and wouldn’t try to mug her while she sold her goods. Once she was done, she would change into street clothing to again ensure that she wasn’t mugged on the way back home. I always wonder what it would be like to live along side her and selling things in my street clothes in Thailand. Unfortunately, I don’t have any photos of my great grandmother to share, but I know that without those stories, I probably could have never guessed about her lifestyle.